Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Order of Disorder, Please.

Do you like everything in your life nice and organized? Easy to sift through, easy to manage and not to forget, easy on the eye.

I do! Entropy is not as cool as it sounds.

I don't know about you, but I guess I take this order for granted. Which is bad, in a way. Because when the shit hits the fan and everything's flying around randomly I'm sure the realization that all the neat little stacks are gone is going to hit me a couple of orders of magnitude harder than it hits you (i.e assuming you don't really give a hoot about order, disorder and all that jazz).

When things go haywire it's hard to figure out what went wrong. "What set off the cascade?" is the first question that should pop into your head, but trust me, it doesn't get you anywhere. One reason leads to another and that leads somewhere else and then you realize your thought processes are as random as they can get. So then you frantically search for that dratted "Reset" button. It's good to reinvent yourself every now and then- It helps add a bit of masala to the mind-numbing existence that sets in once in a while. Take a chill pill, take things slower than you normally would, and things will become crystal clear.

I guess it's all about figuring out where you're headed. Oh that and the constant improvisation.

I should add- Disorder isn't all that bad... it's more like how you throw all the stuff out of your closet before putting things back in place again. You feel you're being sapped when all the stuff is lying around and you know you just have to put it back in place, but that good feeling you get once the job's done and everything's back to where it's supposed to be is immensely satisfying.

Unfortunately the tasks at hand seems gargantuan when disorder prevails over order. Damn it!
The prospect of a neatly arranged closet should help you pull through :)

PS : I have no idea why I wrote this vague post. My daily order of disorder, I guess.

1 comment:

Whuaat? said...

'Do you like everything in your life nice and organized?'

YES. YES. YES.

But I realized, that's not how everyone is and this control freak in me is like a lost pup in this world full of such people.

So, at present, I'm trying to 'not' be in order :\

It's tough. Gah!